Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Meeting Notes

Meeting Notes is a weekly feature. Here we will dish on tidbits, news, and important things we thinking Working Girls should know. So scroll down to hear what we think you should glean from this work week.
  • Don't know what to do with your life now that you've hit your quarter-life crisis? Enter a website apporpriately called "What the Fuck Should I Do With My Life?" is a site that randomly picks a profession and then gives you the opportunity to learn more about the job/industry. Warning: the jobs are all pretty unconventional. [Doobybrain.com]


  • A recent study revealed that it's easier to find out when your CEO is lying to you than you think. The study was conducted at Stanford by going through old company transcripts, found that CEO's who didn't refer to themselves in the first person and replaced thes terms with words like "team" and "company" were more deceitful. Executives who used gushing adjectives were also more likely to be lying. Accuracy rate of finding lies this way is about 50% but it's still an interesting tibit. [An MBA is Forever]
  • Jessica Franqui, a clerk from Staten Island, is suing her boss for stepping on her boob. Her boss, Marcus Bolton, is the CEO of the Wall Street division of British company Tullett Prebon. Franqui is accusing Bolton of drunkenly coming up to her and inviting her to drinks. When she refused, he attempted to dance with her at which point he dropped her on her back on the floor. He then stepped on her breast and when she complained, he allegedly said, "Oh, come on now, it's alright. They are big and you probably didn't even feel it." [Jezebel]

3 comments:

Arielle said...

Thanks for linking to me! =) I tried the WTF Should I Do With My Life site a few days ago, the stuff they come up with is pretty funny.

Jimmy said...

WTF should I do with my life is a awesome site to check out, thanks for giving me something new to find.

Pretty Unfamous said...

Ha, I actually walk dogs as a part-time job when I'm not doing my day job.