- Often fails to give close attention to detail or makes careless mistakes (sometimes);
- Often has difficulty sustaining attention to tasks (often);
- Often does not seem to listen when spoken to directly (rarely, only when I'm not interested in what the person is saying);
- Often fails to follow instructions carefully and completely (no, not really);
- Losing or forgetting important things (very rarely);
- Feeling restless (all the time!);
- Often fidgeting with hands or feet, or squirming (YES!);
- Runnng or climbing excessively (um, no);
- Often talks excessively (please. I can't stand when people talk too much);
- Often blurts out answers before hearing the whole question (no);
- Often has difficulty awaiting turn (maybe, but not really).
Ok, so maybe I don't technically have ADHD, but I feel like I do. My attention span is very short. I'm one of those people who needs to have multiple things going at once. If I don't, I just might start fidgeting and squirming. When I'm home, I'm usually on my laptop, watching TV, tweeting and texting from my phone, and eating. At work...well, I will only share this with you if you promise not to tell...
At work, I work. I do. Seriously. But I also, read my favorite blogs, check personal email (I have 5 different personal email accounts), tweet, check my blog stats, draft blog posts, hop on Facebook, send text messages, make personal phone calls (gotta make my hair and eyebrow appointments), browse the Internet (I'm always checking to see if I can find a great deal on Amazon), chat with friends via instant messenger, chat with colleagues via instant messenger...hmm, what else? Oh, snack at various points throughout the day. Ah, and yes. Listen to my iPod. Not only do I listen to music, but I also listen regularly to a few podcasts (ranging from sports to NPR to a not safe for work after hours show).
Again, Working Girls, I do real work too. Despite, what I just said, most of my day is actually spent doing real work (real meaning the work I'm paid by my employer to do). But you can understand, right? My work days are LONG. If I don't do some of this stuff when I'm at work, it will never get done.
So Working Girls, what are you doing during your work day (besides reading Working Girl, of course!)?