Thursday, June 2, 2011

Heated...Over Mac & Cheese

Last week, my co-workers and I stalked The Southern's mac & cheese food truck because we had heard the their mac & cheese was all sorts of fantastic.


this is the mac & cheese with hot dogs (which is also awesome!)

And let me tell you...that mac & cheese was all sorts of amazing. I got 2 types - the asparagus, ramps & gouda and then a buffalo chicken & blue cheese. Both were great, but I decided to save half of the buffalo chicken and almost all of the asparagus for dinner and then lunch for the next week (truth be told, I was also a little hungover and my eyes were more ambitious than my stomach - whoops!).

Fast forward a few hours, and I decide I have too many errands to do after work so I'm not going to take the mac & cheese home after all. But I see a sign on the fridge - it's fridge cleaning day! So you must label your foods with your name and the word SAVE in large letters. Easy enough. Done and done.

I come back on Tuesday and my mac & cheese - all $18 worth of it - is goneeeeeeeeee. No where to be found. I even looked in the front kitchen just in case. Nope. Gone.

And that's when I got heated about mac & cheese. And the money I spent on the mac & cheese. And how processes at work just don't work!!!! My name and the words "SAVE" were on that bag in very large letters!!! Cue freak out.

To which my one co-worker told me to take a chill pill (so '90's) and just buy McDonald's. Since it's Thursday and I'm still talking about it, I think you can tell I'm not over it.

5 comments:

Jessica (Bayjb) said...

Damn that sucks. This happened to someone at my office too. So apparently, the Southern mac and cheese inspires theft

Sarah said...

I would be mad too!! BTW I now need to check out this Mac and Cheese!

Jamie said...

The Southern mac and cheese is serious business. I would have been mad too!

Crosby Kenyon said...

Office life is sort of like family life, isn't it?

cheap hajj packages said...

I learn some new stuff from it too, thanks for sharing your information. well basically im a travel agent and we Cheap umrah Packages. I have bookmark this page and after work I read interesting things to update myself and to refresh my mind Please update it more