- First off, I have to mention that Working Girl was offered our first ever guest post! We were over-the-moon thrilled to be asked by The Invisible Student (one of our loyal and of our few male readers). Since WG1 had a huge event going on, I stepped up to the plate and wrote the post, which was posted a few weeks ago on The Invisible Student's blog. It's a good read for any of those who want to know about how WG1 and I met and how we started this sucker of a blog. Plus, The Invisible Student always has some great insight on a lot of topics we write about! So check out his blog!
- We suppose this can be construed as either a good thing or a bad thing, but we just found out that Bravo's The Rachel Zoe Project , which revolves around the life of stylist to the stars Rachel Zoe, was renewed for another drama and fashion-filled second season. If Brad does not come back, I refuse to watch. He is that show.
- Speaking of reality TV, we heard some online gossip revealing that Kelly Cutrone, one of our fave parts of The Hills, is going to be getting her own reality TV show. No idea what network picked it up, but Cutrone herself has described the show as being, "Wizard of Oz meets Stephen King meets 'Rhoda'." All we have to say to that is yikes.
- Since entering my new job, I've tried to not slack off. But with the holidays coming up and getting all settled after my move, you can probably guess how that is going. While surfing the web, I found this article on work habits that help you get the job done. My favorites include taking breaks, ignoring voicemail, and goofing off. Yea, it got my interest too.
- We have to say that we love this new trend of "celebs" interning. It is a superb idea. Who says that your connections should get you the corner office? Not only is Kanye West planning on interning in London with a fashion design company, but model and heir to the Hearst dynasty, Lydia Hearst is interning at BlackBook. And famous hockey player, Sean Avery, has been interning at Vogue. I'd like a grande low-fat chai tea latte stat. Oh, and can you rap me a verse of Flashing Lights before you go? Kthanks.
- And my favorite link from the week - an article on the 10 worst employees of 2008. These stories are out of this world crazy - like the deputy coroner who stole $325 worth of gift cards from a dead body she examined and the county baliff who forgot to transport a woman back to jail causing her to be without food, water or a toilet for four days. This article will make you feel amazing about your performance at work!
We hope you Working Girls have a great weekend!