Monday, July 25, 2011

But I Am Le Tired

by Working Girl One

Has this summer gone by faster than any summer ever before, or is it just me?

I feel like I'm traveling every other weekend and the weekends I home are spent catching up on errands and life. All of this is making me one tired Working Girl.

Last week, I overslept three times and was late to work twice. I've been passing out on the train and drinking grande iced coffees like it's my job. Somehow, I'm still exhausted.

Every morning, I wake up with intentions of getting home from work, going to the gym, cooking dinner, paying bills, reading, blogging...the list goes on. And every night, when I get home, I usually throw my purse done, grab a spoonful of peanut butter and park on the couch until I realize I should probably make something reasonable for dinner.

I see people I work with, my friends and bloggers I'm obsessed with work full time, keep an active social life and have time to dedicate to a hobby on the side and all I do I wonder how they do it. How do you all do it?

I'm guessing you (and they) probably don't do it by staying up past midnight to watch the Real Housewives of New York reunion and Watch What Happens Live, like I am right now.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking a lot about TV's role in my life and I've concluded that too much makes me even more tired and cranky than not enough sleep. I stick to specific shows and only an hour or so a day. I almost always do something while I watch it too (manicure, pedicure, knit). However, I also feel the way you do right now and I blame it on the hectic schedule of the summer and my personality needing more alone/down time than is available.

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way. I feel like I have been on the go all summer and suddenly, it's already half over.

Kirby said...

I had a weekend with the apartment to myself in which I spent the majority of the weekend in the apartment. I kept the TV off the whole time with the exception of watching a movie later in the evening. I got an epic amount of stuff done.

Jessi said...

I, too, am le tired most of the time. But I cram a boat load of things in one day, it's ridiculous. TV is a time and sleep suck, I swear... I will think to myself, Okay, I'll just flip through for a bit, but then hours later... And if I watch right before bed, it actually affects my sleep. I've heard/read various things about that, that the visual stimulation interrupts the relax and go to sleep patterns of our brain (computers, too)... Totally true for me :P

MonsteRawr said...

Funny story, I JUST wrote an entire post on this EXACT subject. Not saying this to bring traffic, but to continue the discussion. If you're interested, www.monsterawr.com. Otherwise, just know that I *definitely* commiserate with you. Just thinking about working a real 9-5 makes me feel exhausted.

Busana Muslim said...

thanks for your help. Your blog contain lots of information for many people.

Anonymous said...

since several years thinking the same than you...I concluded with: I´m not a superwoman

Buy Iraqi Dinar said...

I really appreciate your professional approach. I would like to thank you for the efforts you made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. We are a leading online Iraqi Dinar currency traders. Be the fast to secure your future by investing in it.

Commercial Real Estate Software said...

I,m very happy and good to see your blog.It,s extremely good and very helpful for me.Thanks for sharing this great post with us.

Kerala Tour Packages said...

You are putting too much time in this sociel work.You need to rest for sometime.

Human Growth Hormone Houston said...

Fantastic blog. Looking forward for more posts like this.

Accredited GED Online said...

Really important written content. the information that you shown is hard to faith and many superbly i liked the way you afford things here.

Accredited GED Online said...

Thanks for your help. Your blog contain lots of information for many people.

Bigg Boss Vote Malayalam said...

I am also feeling the same. ZAnyway happy to read this again after few years. Thanks.