As the summer months get hotter and hotter (I personally blame global warming for this summer's atrociousness), offices turn up the air conditioning and leave their employees literally shaking in their Uggs which they have to bring to work because it's so freakin' cold.
It's gotten so frigid at my company's office that I have resorted to using my crazy, might explode any minute lamp everyday because it gives off an insane/unhealthy amount of heat and warms my little shivering fingers as I work. As I was avoiding work by taking a "stroll" around the office yesterday, I also realized that my co-workers all do similar little things to keep the cold from affecting them on a daily basis. I loved all their ideas on how to stave off the cold. So here are my findings in neat little bullet points.
- Keep a blanket underneath your desk for particularly cold days. This little trick can even help in the winter when it's super duper cold outside (yes, I just said super duper).
- Pashminas are a classy and fashionable way to beat the cold. My office is a huge fan of White + Warren travel wraps. Yes, they are expensive but also toasty warm and look good on every body (seriously, Sisterhood of the Traveling Wrap).
- Some people even buy space heaters for their cubicles during the summer months. I find this a tad bit extreme but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do to stay warm.
- Switch out your flip flops and open-toed sandals for slippers once you sit down for the day. Easy to slip on and off, they protect your toes from air conditioning.
- And if those little tips do nothing for you, my last suggestion is complain because if you say it enough you might just make a difference (and you'll become the office hero!).
Now I'm going to see if I can get HR to spring for a space heater for my cubicle because at this rate August will probably feel like a blizzard in February.