Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Hello, Lover


On workdays, my body begins to crave the sweet, syrupy cola from the fountain machine in the cafeteria or carbonated and cold in the form of its signature can right as the clock reads 12:00 pm.

It's about that same time that the caffeine from my morning coffee wears off and I realize my to-do list is nearly two pages long. I don't think I'll get through the rest of the day. I think about lunch, how nice it will be to have an hour-long break, which helps but only a little. Then, I think about my Diet Coke and all its deliciousness. With each sip I take at lunch my head starts to clear and my eyes awaken and I know I'll make it through the long working afternoon.

Go on, grab a DC. You know you want to.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

DC is D to the Licious

Bethany said...

you should write advertisments for coke... you seem so passionate about it

Anonymous said...

um . . . . maybe you and DC should get a room!

Anonymous said...

Megham, will you do me a favvvuhh? I'd like one of those Diet Cokes you're talking about. Oh, and will you send one to my client/best friend too?

Anonymous said...

my favorite part is when the caffiene wears off right at 3:00...those last afternoon hours go by painfully slow! but then again, i guess being unemployed solves that problem!

Addison Todd said...

It's delicious with Grenadine in it as well as a friend introduced me to.

Roxie Morrow said...

I just found your blog, love it!!! I'm a stay at home mom who runs an online boutique and would NEVER get through a day without my precious DC. I love this post. DC lovers unite! LOL
Take care.
Roxie

Bertha said...

About a week ago I vowed never to touch diet coke again, however I stumbled across your page- while drinking a diet coke (my promise to myself lasted maybe 3 days-) and I realize why should I quit drinking it when there are so many of these great benefits

Anonymous said...

I have tried to go off diet coke about sixteen thousand times. I recenetly met with our companies wellness coach for my annual blood work/life style meeting.

He asked about coke intake and about died when I said oh yeah at least 96 ounces a day. I SWEAR my intake was a lot lower before I started working in the corporate world!

BrightCrayon said...

I never used to understand the bumper stickers that had a can of diet Coke like an IV bag..

Until I tried one.


Oh my goodness.

Love at first sip, and now I would spend ungodly amounts of money for a Diet Coke IV drip.