Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Promoted and It Feels So Good

All you Working Girls readers might remember my horrible, no good, very bad interview, my hatred for the Working Girl blues, and my mention of asking for a promotion.

Things were looking down - a frown permanently painted on my face kind of down. I had been looking for another job for almost seven months and then a job opened up at my company and I saw an out of my assistant woes. The position wasn't exactly my dream job description, but it involved a lot of HTML, learning how to traffic impressions and clicks on online ads -- all things I thought might come in handy later on (maybe even for this blog!). 

Last week, I approached my boss about the open position and it seemed like it was going to be a no-go. She didn't see me in the position, she didn't want to lose me as her assistant, but wanted to know if I was bored because she would definitely give me more work if I was. Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! I'm bored and I want out of these assistant shackles, that's what I want. 

This past Monday, while suffering from my Sunday Funday hangover, my boss called me into her office. I was so sure I was going to get yelled at for not making enough headway of my newly assigned project. Apparently I was all wrong. 'I was getting my wish,' my boss said. She told me the girl above me was getting transferred to another position in the company, and I was being considered for her old job. 

I walked out of her office with a new set of responsibilities, a slight increase in salary, and the 'ass' taken out of my title once and for all. 

6 comments:

Kat said...

Go Working Girl 2. You rock!!!!

April said...

Congratulations!! thats awesome!

Lisette said...

you better work, cover girl, work it girl.. do your thang.. sashay shante

Anonymous said...

Congrats working girl 2!!! That's very exciting! Nice to see a good guy come out on top everyone once in a while - reminds me of another story...
wokring girl

Anna Routh said...

Congrats Working Girl Two! That is so exciting.

Laura said...

Wahoo working girl 2!!

Ps- can we all take a look at the picture of "lisette"...

I guess a girl has to have dreams..