Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Biggest Winner

When I told you about my drunken escapades out west, I forgot to mention one thing. 

My company gym is doing a new program called "The Biggest Winner," much like the show The Biggest Loser and what WG2 did at work in the spring. Since I've been paying $60 a month for the gym in my work building and haven't worked out in months, I thought this would be the perfect motivation to get my ass to the gym. In order to participate you need to be on a group of 4. 

So, what does this have to do with WG1 getting wasteface, you ask? 

Well, during all of the drunkenness Michael Scott mentioned that he wanted to participate in the program. I told me I wanted to also. Now, we're on the same team. Along with my female boss and another coworker. We get weighed-in once a week and will soon start bi-weekly tandem workouts.

My coworkers think this is the most hysterical thing ever. Almost every day Michael Scott asks me if I worked out or when I'm working out or if I weighed-in yet. While this a sufficiently awkward situation for me, it's also helping me to develop a working relationship with Michael Scott. 

For example, last week a coworker of mine informed me that Michael Scott's daughter was dressing up as the same thing I was for Halloween: Hannah Montana. Upon learning this, I went to his office and asked what she was going to wear. Because she's like 7, she was able to purchase a special Hannah Montana costume. Something they do not have for adults. Yes, I checked. Before the drunkenness and "The Biggest Winner" I would not have spoken to Michael Scott about it because I would have felt weird. 

So, wish me luck! I need to get my act together, get my ass to the gym and help my team win otherwise it could get really awkward. 

10 comments:

Holly said...

woohoo! good luck!

LyndsAU said...

That is awesome :) Good luck with the Biggest Winner and your coworkers :)

Izzy said...

It's always nice to have something to talk about with people at work besides ... well, work. Good luck!

Samantha said...

dude, I need something like that to get me motivated. i just saw my gym payment go through on my online banking today... I haven't even been this month!

MO said...

Trust me, the hardest part about working out is just getting to the gym...once you are there, it's EASY...so just do it, and you will feel so much better! Good LUCK!!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck miss...love your blog...

www.iamblackamerica.blogspot.com

well-intentioned heartbreaker said...

GOOD LUCK!! =)

<3 J. said...

OMG I seriously wish my company would so something like this!

(Oh wait. You're unemployed J. You don't even have a company, duh!)

Anyway. If I DID, that would be an awesome motivation. Because me = competative for sure.

Good luck lady!

Non Sequitur Chica said...

I wish my company would do something like this!

Fermi said...

Once I got over my fear of being weighed in with WORK people - I would LOVE this type of thing. I find that doing any outside organized activity with work people does wonders to foster connections and morale!