Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Meeting Notes

Meeting Notes is a weekly feature. Here we will dish on tidbits, news, and important things we think Working Girls should know. So scroll down to hear what we think you should glean from this work week.
  • A new study conducted by ForbesWoman magazine recently reported that the best place for a woman to have both a career and children is NYC. It ranked highest among 50 cities based on earnings, access to health and day care, and cost of living. Coming in second and third were Austin, TX and Minneapolis, MN. [via Daily Mail]
  • I recently happened upon this new shrinkable umbrella. The user can adjust the umbrella by pulling a handle so that it adjusts to the space you are in. So "polite"! Put that on my wish list. [via Cup of Jo]
  • Summer is almost over, but these 101 ways to make a salad are too good to not let you all know about! Each salad featured in this NY Times article should only take about 20 minutes to make and use minimal ingredients. But they all look divine and perfect for cooking for one! [via NY Times]
  • If you're looking for a new or different career path (or new college major), most Americans have recently cited the medical field as the best field for young women to engage in. According to Gallup.com, 37% recommended medicine, and 10% recommended nursing. [Gallup]

10 comments:

Career Girl Network Marcy said...

Glad Minneapolis made the list!

Dollface said...

shrinkable umbrella huh?? sounds like a good plan, i just hate the ones that collapse.. i mean hello, you are an umbrella!! xxxoo

Lindsay said...

That umbrella is genius! Want.

Melanie's Randomness said...

Hi!! I'm loving your blog, btw.

That umbrella is awesome. I live in NY and its been non-stop rain all summer!! I might have to consider it.

Alex said...

I'm so glad you put up that NYTimes article - I found it a few weeks ago and the salads are SO good. One of my faves is number 14, the Moroccan salad.

Also, I LOVE this blog, btw. Been reading for a while, only just got round to commenting. Great job!!

Nat said...

That umbrella is awesome!

NA said...

OMG the salad list is great! Thanks for that, I've got tons of ideas for lunch tomorrow!

kokostiletto said...

Great links! Thanks for the first link - as I'm considering moving there....

MonsteRawr said...

Just wanted to say that I love the Meeting Notes series. Great information in 45 seconds or less. Love it!

prashant said...

I'm so glad you put up that NYTimes article - I found it a few weeks ago and the salads are SO good. One of my faves is number 14, the Moroccan salad.
How to make a website