Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Meeting Notes

Meeting Notes is a weekly feature. Here we will dish on tidbits, news, and important things we think Working Girls should know. So scroll down to hear what we think you should glean from this work week.
  • Drink your way to more money! A study from 2006 shows that people who drank earned more money. People who drank socially make more contacts and had an easier time finding a new job that earned them more money. [CNN.com via Savvy Sugar]
  • The He-cession. It's being reported that men are suffering more in our current economic recession. More men are losing their jobs and families are suffering. Not only because they've lost their jobs but because their female counterparts are not earning as much. [via Jezebel]
  • Fall clothes! Autumn is around the corner and I could not be more ready for fall apparel. Work Chic has some advice on my two fall favorites: jackets and scarves.
  • I die! The Rachel Zoe Project is back in action on Bravo. My X sentence recap. Brad's attitude has shaped up and he's appearing to be a great Working Boy. Taylor's more cranky than ever. Rachel is Bananas and I cannot wait for the rest of the season. [Bravo]

10 comments:

Melanie's Randomness said...

Yeah for Rachel Zoe!! I love seeing what chaos those back stories to these award shows and events are! =)

The Recessionist said...

Hey! Regarding the He-Cession, Reihan Salam wrote a great article about it on foreignpolicy.com. I blogged about it back in july at http://www.brooklynrecessionista.com/2009/07/death-of-macho-great-he-cession.html

golublog said...

Yeah drinking is good. I shall drink more.

Anonymous said...

That first post is a relief... Now I maybe won't feel so bad going for drinks after work...

Anonymous said...

Hmm...maybe I should start drinking more, because this job doesn't pay me what I'm worth.

Lindsay said...

Rachel Zoe seems like an amazing boss. Sure, she freaks out but at least she's nice to her employees. I love this show!

Anonymous said...

Fall clothes! I am so excited. I love everything about the fall! Thanks for turning my mind towards it.

The Awkward Type said...

Rachel isn't Banananas.... shes Ba--nan-as!
Loves it!

Amandasaurus said...

I'm not so sure about the cause/effect nature of the drinking theory. It seems to me that people who make more money would drink more because they could afford it. So making more money is the cause, not the effect, of drinking.

Allison M. said...

Can't wait to see what Rachel has to say about her weight on the next episode.