Thursday, August 27, 2009

TGISF: Thank God Its (Summer) Friday

I am so looking forward to work tomorrow for two reasons. One: tomorrow is Friday. Two: half the office will be out for a summer Friday.

I love summer Fridays. Even when I don't have the day off. Earlier this month I took my summer Fridays and it was fantastic to have a day off to sleep-in, get things done and enjoy my day. But when I'm in the office and most of the office is out enjoying their days off, I have time to get stuff done. There are less emails, less phone calls and less people popping up at my desk.

This week has been a little crazy. It was supposed to be my week to work on all the little events we have coming. I ended up spending most of my week working on our big event. Tomorrow will be my day to get organized and take some time so focus on the things on my to-do list that have been ignored.

Unless I totally jinxed myself by writing this post. I really hope not.

On that note, I'm going to bed and praying for a productive, uninterrupted day.

12 comments:

Lindsay said...

I work at a company that gives us every other friday off year-round. I'll probably never have that again (I'm going back to school next month), but it really makes such a difference.

Anonymous said...

Summer Fridays are fantastic! Empty office, relaxed atmosphere. Bliss. I don't feel guilty about checking my personal email and searching the internet for random things like how to tone your arms without bulking them up (really... I did that one last Friday). Have a great friday!
-SA

Anonymous said...

Good for you...unfortunately it is turning autumn i think...hehe....hope you enjoy your weekend...

Lanessa said...

oh i know how you feel.isn't funny how little time is suddenly left just when you realized you have tons more to do? I hope you were able to pick up on those ignored to-do list. enjoy the weekend, working girl!

Unknown said...

I love that summer Fridays mean less of a commute into work. In the Washington, DC metro area, this means a ton!!! :-)

Melanie's Randomness said...

I read your post last night and then went to work this morning. Woa it didn't really dawn on me that there were soo few cars in the parking lot at my office building on Friday. There are like 20 cars and there's usually at least 50. I laughed and laughed and realized oh wait, shoot, I wish I had off too!! =)

Kathy Campbell said...

Lucky! Awesome possum.

Chloe (Naturally Frugal) said...

I'd never heard of summer Friday's until your blog and now I wish my company had them too. What a bunch of old cronies we've got over here!

Have a great weekend!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I read this and thought "either you're on furlough or your company is totally unaffected by the economy to be able to do this." Either way -- I hope all is well and you have a good day.

Wonderful said...

I love summer fridays too, they are the best. I'm sad they are coming to an end!

kokostiletto said...

OMG I wish I had summer Fridays.... but I'M MOVING TO NYC so maybe I will get them soon!

Baby said...

Love the new layout ladies!! I've missed you guys!! :)