- It's that time of year again girlies (and we don't mean the fall TV season) - fall Fashion Week in New York City starts soon. So, New York Mag got everyone's favorite non-makeup wearing, black-clad boss from The Hills, Kelly Cutrone, to vlog about her day-t0-day grind. Click here to hear all about Kelly's Working Girl drama in trying to deliver invitations to foreign editors. All I know is I would not want to be Whitney right about now.
- Want to know if you're being underpaid? My guess. Yes. This snazzy little site let's you enter your title and your zip code and gives you the dilly-o on whether or not you're making bank for your expertise. For more information on upping your salary, try checking out www.salary.com.
- Women stepping over each other to get ahead at work? Sounds like 'Mean Girls Go to Work'. But I get what Hannah Seligson, a freelance journalist and author of New Girl on the Job: Advice from the Trenches is saying in her latest article in the New York Times. In college it felt like girls were all about lifting each other up (sorry did I get too girl power there?). But in our careers, women are more vicious and we also let our perfectionism get in the way. A lot to ponder, but a great read.
- As I was eating lunch today in a cafe near work, I saw on TV that the unemployment rate jumped to 6.1% this past August. That's the highest it's been in 5 years. Which is why I'm thanking my lucky stars that I'm employed. (Wompppp wompppp, who brought the Debbie Downer?).
- Word is that US Weekly lost 10,000-5,000 subscribers just for featuring Sarah Palin on the cover of their recent publication. So we're hoping we don't lose any of our loyal readers just by mentioning her name in this post.
We hope you have a great weekend Working Girls!