Friday, October 10, 2008

Meeting Notes

Meeting Notes is a weekly feature. Here we will dish on tidbits, news, and important things we think you Working Girls should know. So scroll down to hear what we think you should glean from this work week.

  • We've all been there. One too many drinks at happy hour after work leads to late night e-mail sessions (it seemed like a good idea at the time?). Well, fear no longer. Google "Mail Goggles" may prevent you from e-mailing, "We kick marketing ass!" to your boss when you are a teeny bit inebriated (ok, that might have happened tonight whoops!). This new feature on Gmail requires you to solve a few simple math problems before it allows you to e-mail anyone. Can't add 2+2? Then you probably shouldn't hit send until morning. Ah, I feel safer from myself already.

    • Adding to my already building fear of the economy failing and therefore me living in a cardboard box in Central Park a la the Great Depression, CosmoGirl of Hearst Magazines has decided to fold the magazine and consolidate their subscriber database into the largest-selling teen magazine on newsstands, Seventeen. I, for one, am bummed beyond belief. As WG1 said tonight as we sipped champagne at Flute, "ComsoGirl was for teens as Marie Claire is for young women".

    • Our hatred for Bluefly is apparent...until the next giveaway begins. This month try to win a whole new wardrobe in Bluefly's Fright or Fashion contest.

    • We spotted this new mag, Success for Women, on newsstands last weekend and we picked up a copy. Although it's def. not geared towards the 20 something's, we still loved the articles on Maria Shriver's The Women's Conference or Suze Orman's article on how to live rich. And we might just subscribe. Too bad we can't expense this one to the company.

    9 comments:

    Working Girl One said...

    i would just like to point out that this is a drunken WG2 post. she's much better at drunk posting than me. also, this is a drunk WG1 comment. blogger really needs blogger goggles.

    Anonymous said...

    I don't know which one was better....the post or the WG1 comment?

    Girl Meets Beau said...

    Ha you girls are hilarious! I love the comment about Bluefly. I am so sick of spinning that wheel and not getting anything out of it! You have no idea how hard I tried to win some Christian Louboutin shoes! Ugh! So disappointing...

    LJ said...

    What about text goggles!?

    jayme said...

    You girls are great. I love reading your blog after a long, hard, day at work and knowing somewhere in the world there are two other workin' girls toiling like myself.

    Bobbi said...

    I never win anything on Bluefly either! I always tell myself I won't participate in their next giveaway, but they seduce me back with tempting offers of free shoes!

    kokostiletto said...

    that success mag looks very interesting.. you are right there should be one out there for gals in their 20s!

    Samantha said...

    hahaha oh google goggles! Nice.

    QueenBeeing said...

    LOL! I just found this blog and I'm thrilled! You've got a new follower in me. :)