Meeting Notes is a weekly feature. Here we will dish on tidbits, news, and important things we think you Working Girls should know. So scroll down to hear what we think you should glean from this work week.
- We have to thank reader Tatum for this one (since she was kind enough to mail us a few copies), but I have a new obsession and it is the magazine Eliza. This new magazine is very Working Girl-esque. Interviews with Working Girl idols like CNN.com Live's Nicole Lapin and Jen Egan, a casting director of shows like Project Runway. Easy to do recipes (like roasted pumpkin soup!), crafts to do to take your mind off a long day at work, and the article on great female authors. Love, love, love. I am sold.
- Speaking of Project Runway, we'd like to give a big Working Girl 'congratulations!' to the three finalists from this season's show! 3 women! Woohoo! And I would love to own one of Leanne's wave inspired skirts so here's to hoping she designs a line for Target. Congratulations Leanne!
- Still in the need for a costume this Halloween? Need said costume to be kosher for work (aka zero cleavage and a lot less leg than that sexy nurse costume you bought for later?). Have no fear! American Apparel is here! The somewhat cheap store known for its clothing staples has a whole portion of their site devoted to DIY costumes with minimal work. I can't wait to show off my tennis player outfit next Friday (although I think I'm going to forgo showing it off at the work place).
- Freaking out about our growing problems with the economy? Hop on over to the NY Times article on how to quell your fear of losing all your money and living on the streets. I might have exaggerated a tiny bit there on the exact subject line.
- Getting excited for Whitney Port's spin-off show "The City"? We are too. So excited that we've included the sneak peek trailer in this week's Meeting Notes. Most early reviews are saying 'boring', but we love Whitney and a break from Speidi sounds awesome to us.