I've always had celebrity crushes. The first was Taylor Hanson. I thought I was going to marry him. Then there was Nick Carter. I also thought I was going to marry him. I grew out of my celebrity boy craziness in high school. But the crushes have returned. Not on Taylor and Nick, although they will both hold a special place in my heart.
In between meetings and dealing with clients my coworkers and I e-mail one another about office gossip, exciting happenings in our lives and most importantly our Top Five.
The Top Five is an easy concept that one of my coworkers recently brought to our attention. Choose your top five celebrity crushes, any way you want: by personality, looks, their music, their movies, etc. I have been known to choose my top five based on the most recent TV shows and movies I've watched. My list also includes guys that most people have to imdb.
Let's get to my list:
1. Jim Sturgess - After seeing Across the Universe last weekend, he has skyrocketed to the top of my list. My teenybopper self fell for him after seeing just one face he made in the movie. Please see the face he makes at 2:00 in this video. It might just be me, but I love it. Not to mention he can sing and has a british accent.
2. Scott M. Foster - He plays Cappie on ABC Family's Greek. I know you watch it, don't be embarrassed. For a long time I thought WG2 and I were the only 23-year-olds watching. I have since learned that two of my coworkers also watch the dramedy geared towards High Schoolers. Those poor kids are going to have such a distorted view of college. I mean, the Zeta Beta's would totally have had kegs in the backyard after Lizzy left and how come no one ever acts drunk? Right, it's on ABC Family at 8pm.
3. Christian Bale - Newsies, anyone? Is it weird that I'm more attracted to the Christian Bale in Newsies than I am to the Christian Bale in Batman?
4. Danny Pino - I love a good crime show but they scare me to death. But after watching a marathon of dvr-ed episodes of Cold Case, I can sleep easy knowing that a detective like Danny's character Scotty Valens will save me. Although, Cold Case is about old homicide cases, so Scotty Valens saving me probably wouldn't be a good thing.
5. Matthew Fox - Matthew isn't a regular on my list but Lost is finally back and I just saw a preview for his new movie Speed Racer.
That is my Top Five. Oh, I almost forgot my silver fox. My silver fox is Christopher Meloni from Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. So Working Girls, you have a top five and a silver fox, get working on that list!
Note: my coworker who started this has made a rule that George Clooney cannot be a silver fox. He must hold a spot on the top five. Her reasoning: "he would be everyone's silver fox" and "there is just so much hotness that he needs a spot." But, she also had Top Chef's Tom Colicchio on her list for a while. So, take her rule however you'd like.