Working Girl One:
- I’ve gotten better at being a grown up but not before I got more of an ass kicking. My mom’s dentist put me on Amoxicillin so my tooth that needed a root canal wouldn't get infected. Turns out, I’m allergic. I got a full body rash and had to see the nurse at work (yes, we have a nurse). She put me on steroids and the rash began to go away. On Saturday, I had my root canal and it wasn’t awful but I never want to do it again. I also finished the steroids on Saturday and by Sunday my rash came back. Awesome. This time, I went to a real dermatologist and the rash is going away. I also have physical scheduled for the first week of February.
- In early December, I was in a funk. I missed WG2 terribly and was so jealous that she was embarking on a new adventure. I still miss WG2 and so happy for her because she’s so obviously happy. But now, I’m out of my funk.
- I vowed a while back to do my Christmas shopping early and not shop at Target on Christmas Eve. I kind of broke that vow. Kind of. I didn’t do my shopping at Target on Christmas Eve, I did it on Christmas Eve Eve. While I was on Vicodin. My sister loved every minute of it. (Don’t worry, she drove.)
- The Biggest Winner: My team blew it. We were good for a week. I was eating well and working out. Then Thanksgiving happened and I feel of the wagon. And so did my whole team, so I don’t totally feel bad.
- Digital Boy is now a running joke in my office. Since that post, DB has visited me a couple of times. However, unlike his first visit, these visits have been more work related. So, I think he’s over me.
Working Girl Two:
- It's been a month since I started my new job and things are going pretty well. I still like my new boss. I still love my new desk. I still like my daily tasks. Overall, I am very happy I took the plunge and moved back to Chicago after living in NYC (except it was really Hoboken) for a year (and a half).
- I still feel like I could be more invested in my job, though I hope as I move forward as an employee, I will be entrusted with more responsibility. I just started, so I'm not getting my panties in a twist about it.
- I'm working on getting work friends. I forgot how hard it is to make work friends. Ugh.
- My apartment is amazing and completely done - I just got the final finishing touches of furniture I needed so it is complete. It already feels like home and I can't wait for the summer to start using my sweet deck.
- I still keep in contact with people from my old job. And I miss all my old work friends...a lot. And of course I miss WG1 and all our NYC friends. It's been hard getting used to not seeing all of them on a daily basis, but like I said I don't regret for a minute the decision I made to move back.